ISO 20000:2011 stands for Information Technology Management System & applicable in IT sector.
ISO 20000:2011 is a service management system (SMS) standard. This standard sets out some requirements for the service provider to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve an SMS. The requirements include the design, transition, delivery, and improvement of services to fulfill agreed service requirements.
This ISO 20000 standard is the first internationally recognized standard for IT service management. The standard is published in two parts: ISO 20000-1 outlines requirements for developing and implementing an IT management system, and ISO 20000-2 explains best practice for service management. The standard outlines how to implement IT services that are driven by and support business objectives – rather than just technology needs.
This standard 20000:2011 has following clauses:-
- Normative References
- Terms & Definitions
- Service Management System General Requirements
- Design & Transition of new or changed services.
- Service Delivery Processes
- Relationship Processes
- Resolution Processes
- Control Processes
Benefits of ISO 20000:2011 is as follows:
- Organization looking for services from service providers and requiring assurance that their service requirements will be fulfilled properly;
- Organization in need of a consistent approach by all its service providers, including those in a supply chain;
- A service provider that intends to demonstrate its capability for the design, transition, delivery, and improvement of services that fulfill service requirements;
- A service provider to monitor, measure and review its service management processes and services;
- a service provider to improve the design, transition, delivery, and improvement of services through the effective implementation and operation of the SMS;
- An assessor or auditor as the criteria for a conformity assessment of a service provider’s SMS to the requirements in ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011.