ISO 50001:2011 stands for Energy Management System & makes easier for organizations to integrate energy management into their overall efforts to improve quality and environmental management.
ISO 50001 is an energy management systems standard. It enhances discipline of energy management. Energy management systems are abbreviated as EnMS.
Revolutionary Consultants offer onsite and online consultation solutions for ISO 50001 certification. Our customers have been utilizing our services not only for initial certification consultation, but also for post certification consultation to ensure that we regularly add value to their business processes and quality standardization initiatives.
Our ISO 50001 certificate consultation services include awareness training, energy policy – objectives workshop, gap analysis, documentation design including manuals, procedures, work instructions, formats etc., implementation assistance & training, internal auditor training, lead auditor training, assistance in conducting internal audit, pre-assessment audit and everything required to ensure a 100% successful ISO 50001 certification audit within scheduled project completion time period.
Biggest benefit an organization gets out of ISO 50001 EnMS is improvement in business processes by controlling energy through process standardization. No matter what benefits you are looking for from ISO 50001certification, we will make sure that your organization benefits from ISO 50001 implementation and certification.
The purpose of this International Standard is to enable organizations to establish the systems and processes necessary to improve energy performance, including energy efficiency, use, and consumption. Implementation of this International Standard is intended to lead to reductions in greenhouse gas emissions and other related environmental impacts and energy cost through systematic management of energy. This International Standard is applicable to all types and sizes of organizations, irrespective of geographical, cultural or social conditions. Successful implementation depends on commitment from all levels and functions of the organization, especially from top management
Why We need ISO 50001?
The main objective of the standard is to improve energy-related performance and energy efficiency continuously and to identify energy reduction opportunities. This systematic approach will help organizations to establish systems and processes.
Consistent energy management helps organizations to realize untapped energy efficiency potential. They will benefit from this and make a significant contribution to environmental and climate protection (like the permanent reduction of carbon dioxide in the air).The standard should alert employees and, in particular, the management level about the immediate and long-term energy management gains that can be made. The organization can discover potential savings and competitive advantages. Furthermore, a huge image boost for the organization can be created.
Organizations of all types and sizes increasingly want to reduce the amount of energy they consume to:
- Reduce costs,
- Reduce the impact of rising costs,
- Meet legislative or self-imposed carbon targets,
- Reduce reliance on fossil fuels, and
- Enhance the entity’s reputation as a socially responsible organization.
Benefits of ISO 50001
- Builds energy management into business practices.
- Optimizes energy-consuming assets.
- Improves operations and capital cost decisions.
- Facilitates energy management best practices.
- Improves the ability to benchmark, measure and report energy intensity improvements.
- Improves transparency and communication on the management of energy resources.
- Helps in evaluating and prioritizing new energy-efficient technologies.
- Forms a framework for promoting energy efficiency throughout the supply chain.
- Works from large to small organizations across diverse commercial, industrial and public sectors.
- Increases cost savings.
- Helps to achieve energy efficiency & compliance.
- Reduces environmental impact – carbon & GHG.
- Coordinates energy programs (Energy Efficiency, Energy Production, Renewable Energy and Alternative Energy).
- Facilitates external financial incentives (Electric utility, third party financing, tax benefits and OTH).