ISO 29990:2010 provides guidelines for Non Formal Education & Training and applicable on all institutes, ITI’s, etc.
ISO 29990 sets out the criteria for a Quality Management System standard for providers of education and training services. ISO 29990 provides a unified standard for learning service providers, including corporations, vocational institutions, and life-long learning centers, around the globe. It promotes the design of suitable services & evaluation of learning results.
The aim of ISO 29990 is to provide a generic model for quality professional practice and performance for learning service providers (LSPs) in the development and delivery of education, training.
The standard follows a process-based structure to ensure its implementation leads to continual improvement. The standard’s ultimate aim is assuring the implementation of high-quality tutorial programmes and processes.
This standard has clauses as follows:
- Terms & Definitions
- Learning Services
- Determining Learning Needs
- Design of Learning Services
- Provision of Learning Services
- Monitoring the delivery of the Learning Services
- Management of the Learning Service Provider
- General Management Requirements
- Strategy & Business Management
- Management Review
- Preventive Actions & Corrective Actions
- Financial Management & Risk Management
- Human Resource Management
- Communication Management (External/Internal)
- Allocation of Resources
- Internal Audits
- Feedback from Interested Parties
Advantages for Learning Service Providers:
- Outstanding performance during tendering work from official bodies
- Globally marketability
- Enhancement of internal quality potential
- Transparently defined & documented processes
- Enthusiastic and active trained experts participated in the development.
- Work on (PDCA) Cycle
Advantages for Learners
- Adequate resources, including trainers with suitable competence, infrastructure and learning environment
- Evaluating criteria for Education.
- Advanced & Authentic processes
- Transparency/comparability of services
- Assuring quality, transparency, and comparability in educational institutions
Benefits for Global Cooperation
- Base of development for international cooperation in the area of education and training
- Globally comparable benchmarks for existence of quality
- No deformation of the globally competitive market
- Common unified standards/common understanding of quality